Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kirtland

Last week wasn’t too exciting; we spent most of our free time at the park or the playground at the mall. Lennon loves the swing, he gets so excited when he sees it and once he starts swinging he says “Yay! Yay! Yay!” over and over again. He has learned how to climb up the stairs and go down the slide by himself, although I usually stand next to him because it scares me. I’m not ready for him to be growing up so fast! When he gets tired of the playground he makes his way over to the grass where he sits and eats dandelions (the fluffy white ones). He used to just blow on them and smile but he has now moved onto shoving them in his mouth. I am constantly wiping white fluff off his face and tongue, I try to stop him but I guess he likes it.

It has been pretty rainy but most days it’s still been warm, and by warm I mean hot and muggy. I swear it’s more humid here than it was in Florida but that’s probably just because it’s been so long since we were there.




Sunday was Kyle’s day off and we went to the Kirtland Temple, Historic Visitor’s Center, and the cemetery next to the temple. We didn’t go into the temple but we did walk around, the grounds were really pretty with lots of big flower bushes and trees. At the Historic Visitor’s Center the Sister missionaries took us on a tour of the N.K. Whitney store and home, sawmill, and ashery. Lennon loved the sawmill, he sat at the rail and watched the water wheel go around while we learned about the history of the place. They said it was a reconstruction that the Amish helped to build since they still use sawmills today.




 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment