Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Our one night camping trip
Last week I decided that I was tired of being so far away from Kyle all the time so I had this wonderful idea that Lennon and I would take the tent and go camping near Columbus. That way we could have ourselves a little vacation and also be close enough that Kyle could stay with us at night. So I quickly packed up and we drove 2 hours to Alum Creek State Park. When you go camping in Utah you pack sweatshirts and warm things to wear at night because it gets cold, so I packed the same way. What I didn't think about is the fact that we weren't going to be camping in the cool mountain air, we were going to be camping in the hot muggy summer heat. There are no mountains here! It was unbearably hot. So, we swam in the lake as much as possible to stay cool and Lennon slept in nothing but a diaper. The campground was really pretty and actually pretty big, they had over 400 campsites, and tons of activities around the place. Luckily the morning turned out to be a little cooler. We got to spend a couple hours with Kyle before he had to work. We played disc golf, had a picnic, and swam in the lake before packing back up and driving back home. I had originally reserved our spot for two nights but they were nice enough to give me my money back for the 2nd night. Luckily the heat didn't seem to bother Lennon one bit, he was happy as could be the entire time. He loved playing with the rocks and dirt and driving his trucks around camp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment