Sunday, March 6, 2016

Road trip to Florida Day 3


Friday morning we packed up and went exploring in New Orleans. Neither of us really new where to go or what to see, I'd heard about the French Quarter and Kyle had heard of Bourbon street so we figured that's what we would see. The French quarter was really cool and just what you would expect to see in New Orleans, all of the old buildings with ornate balconies covered in hanging ferns, it was really pretty and really exciting. There were a ton of artists, fortune tellers, spiritual advisers, and street performers on the streets. We saw a jazz band that was really good and gave them some money then sat by them for a picture. I actually wish we would've bought their cd because they really were good and I liked listening to them. Lennon danced and clapped and loved it too. After we left the French quarter we headed for Bourbon Street. Barf. It smelled like pee and alcohol, Kyle said just like South America. It was nothing but bars so we turned around and headed back to the cool part of town. We ate lunch right next to the Mississippi River out on the patio of the restaurant so Lennon got to see the riverboats while we ate and he thought that was so neat. We spent the last part of our afternoon watching the trolleys and riverboats (oh and pressing pennies for our collection). 







We left New Orleans and drove three hours to Pensacola. We checked into our hotel and then went straight to the beach. It was a lot colder than we expected but the sun was just setting when we got there. So we played in the sand for a few minutes and then went across the street to a little beach cafe called Shaggy's. By far the best food I've ever eaten in my life, I seriously can't stop thinking about it. Me and Kyle shared fish tacos and a Caesar salad and Lennon had a grilled cheese. I know that sounds like your every day average food but it was amazing. I would make another trip to Pensacola sometime just for that food :)













No comments:

Post a Comment